Wednesday, August 8, 2018

5150 FIGURE CONVERSION - COG 4-Member Team Project, part 2



I finished assembling one of the COG team members, the team leader. Here are some photos of the build process:

First I laid out the parts that would be used to build the figure -




Next I glued the figure's legs to the base -




Then I assembled the two halves of the torso and set it aside to cure -




While the torso cured, I assembled the right arm, gluing the weapon to it -




While that cured, I worked on the left arm, gluing a clenched fist to the end of the forearm-




At this time I realized that I had forgotten to clip off the shoulder pauldrons from the sprue. They were going to be needed at the end of the build -




By this time the torso was ready to be attached to the legs -




After letting the torso/leg assembly cure for about a half an hour, I glued the right arm to the body, allowing the glue to cure before moving on -




Next the left arm was attached -




Then the head was added -




Finally, the shoulder pauldrons were glued on -




Some additional views -










All in all, the assembly of the figure is done, although, I might add some accessories, like ammo pouches and such.

I am going to start working on building the other three team members soon. I will post those builds once they are completed, then it will be on to painting them.



4 comments:

  1. Lot of work but can't complain about the result. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed. Not really a lot of assembly work per figure. It's a lot of work if you do 10 figures at a time :)

      Delete